Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Facebook

I've joined Facebook.

Facebook is a social networking electronic thing. It seems to be the fashionable update of what I've been using through Friends Reunited to catch up with people from my past (and then forget them again) and the First Class software that the OU uses to organise conferences/forums where I get so much through 'meeting' my fellow tutors and students.

Son and daughter talk about Facebook, but weren't too enthusiastic about my joining. Nevertheless, since it seems to be for university students and I'm a university student, I thought I ought to investigate it. So I've joined and now I've got three friends. One is a fellow post-grad and son and daughter have acknowledged me and agreed to be my friend. Son seems to be delighted to be the first to write on my wall - is there a competition to write on people's walls?

If you are Facebook, will you send me a message?

No comments: