Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Parents fame

I wanted to find a link to this newspaper article my parents sent me. They are famed at last in the Darlington and Stockton Times, where, on their wedding anniversary on 29th July, they also celebrated the tenth anniversary of Richmond's university of the third age. But the article doesn't seem to be on-line, so you can't see the nice photo of my parents and their friends from the U3A.

Shame.

It reads:
"Lifelong learning was celebrated in Richmond as the town's U3A marked its tenth anniversary.
One of hundreds across the county, Richmond University of the Third Age is a learning co-operative providing educational, creative and leisure opportunities for people over the age of 50.
Last Friday, members gathered for their tenth anniversary luncheon at the King's Head Hotel."

And then it talks about parents' 59th wedding anniversary and even quotes my dad, "
It certainly keeps the old brain cells alive.
" My dad has very alive brain cells, a very bright man.

No comments: