Monday, April 13, 2009

Consorting

I'm reading a book on "The Feminine in Management Consulting" by Sheila Marsh. I notice she says she's drawn on material from key figures, with key roles, and on material about and from women and
"those in key roles such as queens consort"
What does that mean "queens consort". Not "consort of queen" because it's not apostrophe 's'. But I like the term, so I think in future rather than refer to "husband", I'll blog him as "the consort".


PS
Reading a bit further, I deduce that "queens consort" means those women who were queens and so consorted with their kings.

2 comments:

Murray Campobianco said...

"queens consort" means "wives of reigning monarchs". The misogyny lies in the fat that their is no such thing as a "King consort" a King is always a ruling monarch. The husband of a reigning queen is a prince consort.

Murray Campobianco said...

did you spot the "c" that I missed? Phooey