Sunday, December 27, 2009

Terrible trio leave church

I took three of my favourite octogenarians to mass. Afterwards, coming out - well not coming out because I was till talking to me mum, who was telling me a story - which I now forget because I was distracted to see my Dad charging off. When he gets on the straight, his two sticks and two legs go,
tap tap tap tap.
He hared off down the aisle to the church door where a crowd would obstruct his way and he might topple. I abandoned mother and hared off after him - cleared the way and met Father J, our friendly parish priest that the door greeting people. I warned him that Dad couldn't let go of his sticks. Father J patted his shoulder in greeting and as I dashed out of the door to check Dad's way to the car, I warned Father to say his name to my mother as she wouldn't be able to see him!

With Aunty trotting docilely along behind us we arrived safely at the car. Dad fell into the front seat fairly gracefully. Mother wanted to go round to the far side on the road, and can more or less see the traffic but I went round to check. Then back to the pavement to close doors on Dad and Aunty, but where I found Aunty collapsed against the car. She was having a dizzy spell!

As we drove off, me Mum said that'd be the last Xmas that I'd invite four octogenarians. Well maybe in a couple of Christmases I'll have some nonagenarians to entertain me.

No comments: