Thursday, April 29, 2010

Aunty's post

Aunt's post is still coming to her old address, so my father asked me to get it forwarded. I went on-line - that's easy- see here. You have to give
  • the old address,
  • the new address,
  • the date of the move,
  • the date when you want to start forwarding,
  • the old phone number for security
  • the new phone number.
I can give aunt's phone number because if they ring her, the sort of question they ask, like
"have you moved?"
isn't going to confuse her, apart from
"why are they ringing me?"
But I fell at the last hurdle, because they want a payment card and it must be a card with the old address on, again for security, but it's months since she moved so the card has the wrong address on it. Besides which, it now has my address on it.

So I've passed the problem back to my dad, to fill in the form from the post office, which isn't terribly easy for him. It's a pity I didn't think to do it when I was up there a couple of weeks ago.

No comments: