Friday, June 11, 2010

Daughter in Hong Kong

Daughter at university has made new friends, and one consequence is that between exams last month and results next week, she's nipped off to Hong Kong this week where she's meeting a friend and discovering Asian heat and humidity. She writes:
You should see the lights and the shopping malls! It truly is a city that never sleeps. There are so many lights and skyscrapers! Closing at 12 seems early! I had octopus balls that night for supper, which were a new experience. But I figured that if I was going to another country, I might as well take every opportunity on offer. But even the supermarkets are different! The fruits on offer are so different to what you would find in England; and those that are similar are massive. Like an apple the size of a large orange, larger than a tennis ball.
I'm almost jealous that I've never been. But I've had other things in my life, and more to go. It's a wonderful life.

No comments: