Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I like it in the glory hole

"I like it in the glory hole"
was the status I wrote in Facebook a few months ago. The women were playing a game that involved changing your status to something intriguing that didn't refer to the actual object. Last year's game referred to where you kept your handbag, but the statuses, like
"I like it hanging off the end of the bed"
of course had double entendres.

The year before we'd played a similar game where you had to change your status to what what colour your bra was: black, yellow with white stripes, pink spotted. The ostensible aim was to raise awareness of breast cancer.

I've got a lump.

I had a routine screening a couple of weeks ago, but got a recall. An hour ago I was diagnosed with a lump in my right breast - too small to feel and picked up on routine check 2 weeks ago. I am now x-rayed, ultra-sounded and biopsied. Am to go back for results of biopsy next week.

So I'll write this blog, but not publish it yet.

No comments: