Thursday, May 19, 2011

PhD viva done

Now what shall I do?

Six years ago as I applied for a PhD scholarship, the last of the children were on the point of leaving home, one going to university, another starting sixth form. I'd completed that job and had to relinquish it.

On Tuesday 17th May, I successfully defended my thesis against my examiners' questions to be awarded the PhD with minor corrections.

Today I have to do
  • no PhD work
  • no tutorial preparation or assignment marking
  • no research for my new job
  • no children to mind
In the next few months I shall tidy up a few ends, enjoy my temporary job and sort out further cancer treatment. I have to relinquish the research that has become my baby, and find a new project.

1 comment:

Joy said...

Many, many congratulations, Liz. An amazing achievement!

J x