Friday, June 24, 2011

Party preparation

The house smells of jam tarts. Girlish laughter sounds from various rooms as daughter and her friend prepare notices, food and dresses for tomorrow's fancy dress party. This is a belated 21st party now that daughter has returned from France, and it's on the theme of
Alice in Wonderland.

I've been volunteered into sewing an Alice style white pinny with a lace and a big bow, and somewhat to my surprise, I find my sewing skills are up to it, despite having no pattern. I've cut the material to size, gathered the waist, tacked hems, and sash, and am about to hand sew the last seams.

Daughter and friend have produced some wonderful cut-out and carefully lettered signs, such as
"Down the rabbit hole"
and
"Caterpillar's lair"

The atmosphere is fun and anticipatory, and the raspberry jam tart smell whets the appetite for the fun tomorrow.

No comments: