Tuesday, September 04, 2018

Memories of music: While the music plays on

"They say my voice is so appealing,
that no one sings the blues the way I do."
I'd like to sing more blues; I'd like to sing more; I'd like to sing like I used to do. But age and hormone drugs....
"little do they know..."
'While the music plays on' tells of a memory of a lover, while the singer sings "each night in some café" where she's on display. She sings about her "lover dancing by in someone else's arms". (Doris Day sang it or listen to Tony Bennett who sings it with slow feeling.
Can't you feel the choke in the voice as she sings, "... in someone else's arms"?
Were you dear reader ever in such a situation? Knowing someone you had cared about no longer cared about you? And when you see them in the same space, a shared room, they ignore you? Are you bitter, or, like this singer, are you blue?
"...no one sings the blues they way I do
but little do they know, 
their praise just goes to show
Every word I sing rings true."

No comments: