Friday, January 09, 2009

I'm an accoustic illiterate

It's the end of an era because I'm finally getting rid of late-husband's electrostatic quad speakers. Am I letting him down? Do I say goodbye? Am I just acoustically illiterate? Yes. Thirty years I've tried to appreciate these space hoggers.

When I was trying to sell my old house, one viewer thought they were massive radiators.



I asked one of his university friends if he wanted them, but he never emailed me back. So I went down to the local audio place, that university friend had recommended, Northwood Audio, and asked them. The chap there said they were an acquired taste because of the space they need in front and behind them. I've never been able to give them that space. So I'll put them in the car soon and take them to Northwood.

So if you want them, you'd better tell me quick.

No comments: