Sunday, August 23, 2026

Thirty years on

La Motte du Caire.

Today, for the first time in thirty years I was so busy that I didn't have the time to take the photo of the glliding site. You can see only the shadow of the mountains and two parked gliders.

Daughter remembered and has WhatsApp'd me to chat. <happy>. I moped a bit at the beginning of the month, the time we set off optimistically on that gliding holiday, but today I was too busy from 9 till 4.30 at a tai chi teacher training course, and that occupied me pleasantly. It's something I can learn and do for the next few years - doubt if I'll manage another 20 let alone 30.  Maybe ten. What has he missed? Half what of what should have been his life too. His children growning up, his career, more gliding, electronics, hi-fi, wi-fi. Wi-fi didn't exist when he was killed. Getting his MBA. My later degrees in research. His children's graduations, their marriages, his two grandsons. <sigh>

No comments: