Thursday, January 22, 2009

Danger

I read OneMinuteWriter blogger. Sometimes I have a go at writing for one minute using her timer. Today's task (yesterday's but it's still night in the States) was to write on the most dangerous thing you've ever done. I wrote:
Danger was gliding.

Dry throat - why was I always thirsty as I waited to launch - parched mouth - into the sky launched on the end of a rope, pulling upwards I can see the white of the clouds, like my eyes, and my heart beat loud.

Now I don't glide. I did it. Done that.
I think I was confusing the danger (statistically low) with fear. Gliding was scary but I wanted to do it. Now I get a bit scared doing tae kwondo, and I come away with more bruises in an evening than I did in a decade of gliding. So I reckon tae kwondo is more dangerous than gliding.

Funny how I can do activities without children - before they came I did gliding and now - twenty years later - now they've gone I do tae kwondo.

No comments: