Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Chocolate

I like dark chocolate, organic dark chocolate, 70% plus dark.

But I get cold sores, and I know they appear when I've eaten chocolate (or lots of nuts). So since I've had too, far too many cold sores for months now, I've stopped chocolate. Two weeks with no chocolate. And now I also have no coldsores. So I'm happy.

The funny thing is that I don't have itchy eyes either. I've had those on and off for three or four years and remember having them one Christmas, so it wasn't just hayfever. The doctor said they were dry and it was my age. But now I reckon, that getting itchy eyes at Christmas and Easter, times when I do eat a lot of chocolate, is more than co-incidence. Chocolate made my eyes hurt. So now I must eschew chocolate.

Why doesn't the doctor know that?

No comments: