Saturday, April 09, 2011

New job

I have a job, a new job, a job that starts on Thursday, a job I can do, a job that uses my research skills, my experience of teaching in Higher Education, and my computing skills. How's that!

It's a job that requires me to focus on communications and usability of a web-site, and to bring in more participants, specifically doctoral students as a pilot study round a particular part of the site. It's a part-time temporary job, partly because they're working on renewing the funding, partly because we don't yet know each other, partly because I'm still preparing for my viva, and don't know when that will be, and partly because I want some spare time in case I need extra treatment.

So how's that! I'm cancer-rid, and stitch free since yesterday and I have a job. Go me!

1 comment:

Joy said...

Just caught up on the latest news and I am SO GLAD! I was in the same boat about five or six years ago and the relief is just amazing, isn't it?
Fantastic news aqbout the job too - I'm so glad everything is going well for you now.

J x