Thursday, October 27, 2011

BIG birthday

I have a big birthday coming up and I would like to celebrate it. I'd like to celebrate:
  1. with sixty girlfriends,
  2. take them to a spa for a day,
  3. with a nice lunch and
  4. lots of bubbly.
Realising that around a dozen girlfriends had commented supportively on my Facebook page when I talked about my radiotherapy, I wondered if I had sixty girlfriends, so I counted them up and reached over seventy. Seventy girlfriends collected over the years from school, college, work, hobbies, and neighbours, and my lovely female relatives.

But, first I couldn't find a suitable spa for us all, although daughter and I did go and test run a couple. ;) And secondly, some of my friends live too far away, maybe only in another county, but some live in the States, or Australia or Spain or New Zealand or somewhere in Asia.

So I'm planning a smaller get together of my local girlfriends with a few important men friends as well for luck.

I've asked Husband to bake me a big fruit cake, and last night the kitchen smelled of spices and fruit, so that's promising. I've found a venue, and started to invite a few people.

Now, I need to organise the nibbles and fizz. How shall I decorate the room? Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Joy said...

If it's near the Big C, I'd do it up with lots of glitter and balloons! But remember, i work with Infants! :0)
J x

eLizH said...

Hi Joy, I've got some banners and balloons and poppers to spray and a big pink flashy badge for me.

It seems funny planning your own birthday party instead of one for a child.