Saturday, October 10, 2009

A bit ill and flowers

I had a bad night, and the day's not started too well. A cold has given me a cough, so I couldn't sleep well. Then, feeling rotten with sore glands in my neck and still bunged up, I tootle out for a little shopping:
  1. On the newsagent's door is a notice 'back in 5 minutes' - so when did the five minutes start?
  2. At the car phone warehouse I wait for half an hour to get served
  3. At the library to return a book, person in front of me has to argue about whether her returns are overdue or not
  4. In Superdrug to get some medicine I have lost my student card so can't have discount
  5. Health food shop - they know me in there and give sympathy, but they've got no currants
I get home and find student card - things are getting slightly better.

We didn't notice anyone approach the house or heard the gate squeak, when ..

BANG BANG!
I know it says "knock loudly" on the front door, but we do jump when we're right next to it, not at the other end of the house.

But someone's sent me, yes me! Why me? a huge bouquet of flowers in the most gorgeous autumn colours with deep red roses, and a couple of tiny delicate white roses. So now with some paracetamol in me and some lovely flowers, I'm feeling a tad better. Thank you that someone - it was well timed.

No comments: