Sunday, October 25, 2009

Random thoughts

This ambulance driver blogs in a readable and amusing way. In this entry, he is complaining about working the night and the extra hour when the clocks go back.

He accidently let himself be booked to work that night and swears at his own stupidity. Oh dear! But he changes all the swear words into non-swear words.

I hate hearing swearing, and I loved reading the way he put it. In my head, I always understand the literal meanings, and hear aggression in the words, so the way he put it meant I read, not aggression, but his pent-up frustration that he'd done such a daft thing, but just the sort of thing lots of us would have done. I know I would have made the same mistake because my husband gave me a lecture last night on the meaning of 'Sunday morning'.

I hope it wasn't too bad a night for him.

No comments: