Friday, February 19, 2010

Bumbling banks

It's taken five weeks to get telephone banking on Aunty's account.
  1. I first went into the local bank and completed their form in January, after Lloyd's telephone service was so bureaucratically useless.
  2. When I received the letter saying to ring to register, it wasn't easy, and I had to complete their form again.
  3. Their letter arrived again today. So I rang to complete registration again. They passed me to a local branch, in the wrong county.
  4. I rang again. They passed me to the right branch, but branches are not the place to complete a telephone registration.
  5. I rang again. Alleluia! I got someone who knew what to do, and passed me to the person who could check their secret word, and set up a password.
Those three calls took only half an hour. If they'd got it right three weeks ago, the whole process should have taken less than ten minutes.

No comments: