Monday, May 17, 2010

Aunt's electricity

Sometimes these interactions with authorities on behalf of my aunt do work.

Aunt had a bill from Southern Electric - she doesn't remember getting her electricity from them, because she wasn't - she was getting her electricity from another provider when she lived somewhere else. So her memory's good there. But Southern Electric addressed the bill to the district council and was charging for the weeks when the flat was empty before she moved in.

So I decided to
  1. set up a direct debit for the electricity
  2. pay the extra rather than explain the whole situation in order to get the bill sent to the district council
But when I rang Southern Electric, Tracy wanted to sort out the name on the bill, to change it from the district council to my aunt's. So she passed me to Sean, who
  • amended the bills to charge aunt only from the day she moved in
  • changed the name on the bill
  • took the district council address and will send the missing weeks bill to the council
  • set up the direct debit
  • arranged the bills to come to me, not aunt
I'm well pleased with the service.

No comments: