Thursday, May 06, 2010

Voting day

I have voted.

It wasn't easy. The choice isn't great. Today's paper has a Matt cartoon of someone in a polling booth chewing his pencil and thinking while the officer looks at his watch and says, "You know we close at 10pm, don't you"

Although my polling station was quiet mid afternoon when I went, that doesn't surprise me because more people can get there first thing in the morning or in the evening after work. What is interesting, even exciting is the people on Facebook who are talking about voting at Democracy UK. The news tonight is that people were queuing late this evening to vote.

I think my family members have all voted. At least one of them is choosing to vote tactically by voting in her university town rather than here where we've little choice.

Wait now and see what tomorrow what we have done.

No comments: