Thursday, July 09, 2009

Test drive Toyota Yaris

Test drove one of these today. It's all right. The gears are a bit close together so I keep getting them mixed up, but the display is clear and readable, although not right in front of you like a dial is. I could get used it to it. You get used to any car if you drive it long enough, I guess.

The only thing I want extra is a place to plug in my mp3 player so I can listen to radio 4 podcasts. Now it's really easy: plug into cigarette lighter socket, my player is tuned to one of the radio frequencies, press the button and it goes. Apparently in the Yaris, and in the Skoda too, I have to have wire as well. That's an extra thing to plug in, not something you can do as you drive along, but fiddly, and there'd be a wire stretching several inches in the Yaris.

I don't think I really want a new car.

2 comments:

Wolfango said...

Dear Liz, if you decide to buy a new car check the website Drivethedeal.co.uk. We bought our new Ford S-Max for a massive £7000 discount. Love W

eLizH said...

That's a HUGE discount. I've looked at that web site now - thanks for telling me about it. It doesn't allow for the scrappage scheme though. Scrappage on the Volvo allows me a 20% discount plus the government's £1000, which amounts to around £4000 and bigger than drivethedeal is giving me without scrappage.