Saturday, March 12, 2011

Stress coped with

What a stressful week that was.

On the same day that my supervisor gave me back the final comments for my thesis at one o'clock, I went to hospital for the results of the x-rays, ultra-sound and biopsy.
"Unfortunately, ..."
started the doctor as she told me that the lump is cancerous, just a tiny 7 millimetre crab-like lump, creeping round my breast, a silent uninvited invader despite my excellent diet, and exercise regime. I spent the next three days desperately writing the final parts of my thesis, getting up at four in the morning to write because I couldn't sleep for thinking of my thesis and my cancer, and
I have to rewrite that bit, but I've got cancer so now what do I do?
The thesis is in. I win.

2 comments:

Joy said...

Hi Liz, I've only just caught up with your last few entries. Justw anted to give you a big ((((hug)))) and to say I'm thinking of you.

J x

eLizH said...

Thanks Joy,
I couldn't post some of these entries earlier. I had to work things out in my head before sharing, but now I'm getting a more sensible perspective - life's back in balance.